Utkarsh Anand Shinde Height, Age, Girlfriend, Family, Biography & More
Age: 35 Years
Wife: Swapnaja Narwade
Some Lesser Known Facts About Utkarsh Anand Shinde
- Utkarsh Anand Shinde is an Indian doctor, actor, singer-songwriter, and musician. He is known for his Ambedkarite Geet (also known as Bhim Geet), songs about B. R. Ambedkar.
- Utkarsh belongs to the musically inclined Shinde family, which nurtured veteran singers like Adarsh Shinde (Utkarsh’s father) and Prahlad Shinde (Utkarsh’s grandfather). Veteran singer Prahlad Shinde was famous for his devotional songs, Ambedkarite songs, and Qawwalis. Due to abject poverty, Prahlad began his journey as a singer to make ends meet. Prahlad’s singing career prospered despite the unfavourable society, which was hostile towards the elevation of Dalit artists. Prahlad composed and wrote songs about B. R. Ambedkar, which encouraged anti-caste politics. Recipient of the prestigious Dadasaheb Phalke Award, Utkarsh’s brother, Adarsh Shinde, came into the limelight when he participated in a singing reality show on the Marathi TV channel Star Pravah.
- During his college days, Utkarsh actively participated in various cultural activities, annual celebrations, and other occasions. He also earned the title of the best male singer of the year in 2011 at Dr. DY Patil Homoeopathic Medical College & Research Centre.
Utkarsh Shinde being honoured as the Best Male Singer (2011) at Padmashree Dr DY Patil Homeopathic Medical College and Research Centre
- After completing his formal education in 2012, he worked as a homoeopathy doctor at Dr Shinde’s Multispeciality & Homoeopathy Clinic.
Utkarsh Shinde taking the Hippocratic Oath at Dr. DY Patil Homoeopathic Medical College & Research Centre
- In the 2014 Marathi film ‘Priyatama,’ Utkarsh, Adarsh, and Anand Shinde, for the first time, collaborated for a song. For the song “Ghungarachya Talamandi” of the film ‘Priyatama,’ in 2015, he was nominated for Best Singer of the year at the 7th Nashik International Film Festival.
Poster of Utkarsh Anand Shinde’s song Ghungarachya Talamandi of the film Priyatama (2014)
- On 23 September 2015, he became a director of Vijayaanand Music Private Limited, the production company established by the Shinde family.
- Apart from his Ambedkarite songs, Utkarsh Shinde has also worked in the Marathi entertainment industry. He composed the music for the Marathi films Power (2013) and Phoonkar (2015).
- He is a recipient of Atulya Gaurav Sanman (2015).
Utkarsh Anand Shinde holding Atulya Gaurav Sanman (2015)
- A genuine vein of philanthropy has always existed in Utkarsh Shinde, who celebrated his birthday by giving treats to orphans and blind kids at Patashibai Ratanchand Manav Kalyan Trust in Bhosari, Pune, in 2015.
Utkarsh Shinde celebrating his birthday with blind and orphaned children
- Utkarsh is also the President of Swarsamrat Pralhad Shinde Charitable Trust. As a member of the trust, he attracted the attention of the Government of Maharashtra towards registered elderly artists, whose monthly honorarium was interrupted due to Covid-19 lockdown.
- He is known for his devotional album Ganesh Chathurti Special – Marathi Ganpati Geete (2018), his Ambedkarite songs Bhimachi Por Aali Maidanat (2020), Bhima Tu Ye Punha (2019), and Bhimji Ka Deewana (2018). He is also known for his singles like Tu Ga Laaun Nighalis Lipstic (2021), Tujh Vin Priye Me (2021), and Aai Aahe Swarg Baba Darwaja (2021).
Poster of Utkarsh Anand Shinde’s song Bhimji Ka Deewana (2018)
- The energetic title song “Maza Bhimaraya” of the 2019 Marathi television series ‘Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar – Mahamanvachi Gauravgatha’ (Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar – Glory Saga of Great Man) was composed and written by Adarsh Shinde and Utkarsh Shinde.
- An animal lover, Utkarsh Shinde has a variety of pets, which includes two pugs named Jingle and Jenny, a Neapolitan Mastiff named Jazz, a parrot, and a Turtle named Keshu.
Utkarsh Shinde with his dog Jazz