Husband: Sujit Patker Age: 40 Years Hometown: Mumbai, Maharashtra
|Profession(s)||Film Producer, Businesswoman, Writer, and Psychologist|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 168 cm
in meters– 1.68 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 6”
|Debut||Film Producer (Marathi): Balkadu (2015)|
|Date of Birth||16 April 1982 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||40 Years|
|College/University||• Indira Gandhi National Open University
• University of Mumbai, Mumbai
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery Afternoon Voice
Note: In 2021, she was arrested by the Mumbai Police for obtaining a fake PhD degree in 2009 which was issued by the Chhatrapati Shahuji Maharaj University, Kanpur. Mumbai Mirror
|Food Habit||Non-vegetarian Instagram- Swapna Patker|
|Controversies||• Arrested in Fake Degree Case
In April 2021, the Indian social worker Gurdeep Kaur Singh received a few documents related to her fake PhD degree. The documents were sealed in an envelope and the sender’s name was not written on it. Gurdeep immediately filed a complaint against her at a nearby police station. Swapna was then arrested for making a fake PhD degree from Chhatrapati Shahuji Maharaj University, Kanpur. Reportedly, based on her fake degree, she got a job in one of the top hospitals in Mumbai. During the hearing of the case in the Bombay High Court, Swapna said that the intrigant behind her arrest was Sanjay Raut. The Times of India She said,
“The arrest is a “revenge arrest” because I filed a case for being stalked by particular individuals “allegedly at the behest of Shiv Sena Member of Parliament Sanjay Raut.”
According to the 13-page verdict of the Bombay High Court,
“The petitioner is a woman. In the exigency of the situation on account of the Covid19 Pandemic, the aspect of the continued detention of the petitioner also merits consideration. The petitioner claimed that a minor son and other are dependent on her. Since we are of the view that the offence punishable under Section 467, which entails imprisonment for life, is not prima facie made out, in the peculiar facts of the case, the aforesaid factors persuade us to grant the relief of bail to the petitioner pending consideration of this petition for quashment of the charge for the offences punishable under Sections 467 and 468 of the Penal Code.”
The court further added,
“In the light of … exposition of the legal position reverting to the facts of the case, prima facie, the PhD certificate, does not fall within the ambit of the definition of valuable security. The submission on behalf of the prosecution that the intrinsic evidence of the PhD certificate betrays the fact that the certificate is forged, if viewed in the backdrop of the patent typographical and grammatical mistake, may carry some substance. However, at this stage, at the most, the charge for the offence punishable under Section 465 can be said to have been prima facie made out. The further issue as to whether an offence punishable under Section 467 of the Penal Code is made out is a matter which warrants consideration. Since the investigation is in progress, we do not propose to delve deep into this aspect of the matter. It would suffice to observe that the question of complicity of the petitioner for the offence punishable under Section 467 of the Penal Code would warrant consideration and examination.”
On 27 June 2021, Swapna was granted bail by the Bombay High Court.
• Viral Audio Tape of Sanjay Raut
|Relationships & More|
|Husband/Spouse||Sujit Patker (estranged; businessman)|
|Children||Son– Shaan Patker|
|Parents||Names Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Swapna Patker
- Swapna Patker is an Indian psychologist, film producer, writer, and businesswoman. In August 2022, an audio of the Indian politician Sanjay Raut went viral in which he was abusing and threatening Swapna, a witness in the Patra Chawl land case. She is the wife of Sujit Patkar, who is a close aide of the Shiv Sena leader.
- In March 2004, she started working at Neverending Dreams- The Corporate Enhancement Co. for mental wellness.
- After working there for almost four years, she worked as a visiting officer at various institutes and universities in Mumbai including St. Francis Institute of Management & Research, KC College of Management Studies, ITM Group of Institutions, and Garware Institute of Career Education and Development.
- In 2008, she started a wellness clinic and online counselling organisation named Mindworks Training Systems in Mumbai.
- In 2012, she started another mental wellness, training, and coaching institute ‘Dream & Happiness’ in Mumbai.
- In March 2013, Swapna started ‘Saffron Hotels’ in Mumbai, and a year later, she founded a film production company named Royal Maratha Entertainment. Under her banner, she released two Marathi films ‘Balkadu’ (2015) and ‘Rakhmabai’ (2016).
- In August 2016, she joined Manipal Global Education Services as a subject matter expert.
- In October 2016, she started working as a senior psychologist at IWill by EPsyClinic, an online psychological therapies platform.
- She was invited as a guest speaker at TEDx Talks organised by IIM, Rohtak.
Swapna Patker at TED Talks
- From January 2019 to April 2021, she worked as a clinical psychologist at Lilavati Hospital & Research Centre, Mumbai.
- Swapna has authored a few books like ‘Jivan Funda’. She has also worked as a writer for the corporate magazines ‘Corporate India’ and ‘India & Business.’ She has written the columns named ‘Corporate Mantra’ & ‘Athavdyacha Manus’
- She even wrote Harvard Business Review on ‘India & Business.’ She has written columns named ‘Corporate Mantra’ & ‘Athavdyacha Manus’ for the Marathi newspaper Dainik Saamana.
- When the Indian politician Bal Thackeray was alive, Swapna used to share a cordial relationship with him and his family.
Swapna Patker with Bal Thackeray
- Some media sources have spelt her name Swapna Patkar. Times Now
|↑3||Instagram- Swapna Patker|
|↑4||The Times of India|