Marital Status: Widow Husband: Atulaya Mafatlal Profession: Entrepreneur
|Real name/Full name||Sheetal Atulya Mafatlal The Economics Times|
|Known for||Being the second wife of Indian industrialist Atulya Mafatlal|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 170 cm
in meters– 1.70 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 55 kg
in pounds– 121 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||36 – 24 – 36|
|Controversies||• In 2009, she was arrested for not declaring her assets at the airport customs in Mumbai. Banglore Mirror
• In 2014, she was named in a fake paintings worth Rs. 100 crores scam. The Economics Times
• Sheetal Mafatlal fought a tenancy war with her mother, Rajani Bhagat in 2016 and alleged that Rajani locked her in her bedroom at 38, Pali Hill, in Bandra, Mumbai with cocroaches. India Today
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||25 February 2000|
|Parents||Father– Manhar Bhagat
Mother– Rajani Bhagat
|Siblings||Sister– Poonam Bhagat|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sheetal Mafatlal
- Sheetal Mafatlal is an Indian entrepreneur and social media influencer. She is best known for being the wife of the late Indian Businessman Atulya Mafatlal who passes away in his sleep on 8 September 2022.
- She is the President of Mafatal Luxury. In 2003, she joined Mafatlal Interiors & Kitchen organisation as its Managing Director and served the position till January 2005. In this company, she was appointed as the head Mafatlal Home Products Ltd. During her tenure in this company, she was the first one to introduce Corian to India.
- In January 2004, she founded a venture named ‘Mafatlal Luxury,’ which is a luxury brand consultancy that works internationally.
- In 2007, Sheetal was ranked as one of India’s hot 100 entrepreneurs by a renowned Indian magazine.
- In 2012, Areef Patel, Farukh Wadia, and Yasmin MY, the three old friends of Sheetal Mafatlal, were accused of turning twelve ‘Mafatlalowned paintings’ into fakes by replacing them with the original ones in a Bandra apartment. However, in 2014, the trio turned against Sheetal and organised an event titled ‘Sheetal Atulya Mafatlal And The Mystery Of The Fake Paintings’ and invited the press to disclose her painting fraud. Soon after she was exposed in the fraud case, the Mumbai police declared her absconded. No traces of her were found in India. In May 2014, she was spotted attending a high-profile charity event in Kuwait. According to the case of the fake paintings, Sheetal blamed her childhood friend Areef Patel for stealing paintings that were kept by her in Bandra and Khar. These apartments were owned by one of Patel’s friends. Sheetal filed a complaint at the Gamdevi police station against Areef Patel and accused him of replacing the original paintings with fake ones. In the same complaint, she mentioned the name of Yasmin who was the owner of the two apartments in which paintings were kept, and Farukh Wadia, an employee of Areef Patel. The Economic Times
A newspaper article featuring the allegations and cases against Sheetal in the Fake Painting Case
- In 2016, she fought a legal battle against her mother for a bungalow in Bandra. Sheetal filed a complaint at a local police station in Bandra and stated that she was locked up in her bedroom at 38, Pali Hill, in Bandra, Mumbai by her mother’s bouncers. Her lawyer stated in the courtroom that Sheetal was kept in unhygienic conditions and was not given food and water by her mother. Her lawyer M A Chandan told the court,
With all left over food being kept in the room itself, there are now many cockroaches and she is living in unhygienic conditions.”
On the other side, the advocate of Rajani Bhagat stated in the courtroom that Sheetal wanted the sole tenancy of the bungalow in whcih Sheetal, her mother, and sister were living after the death of Rajani’s father and husband a few years ago. Rajani Bhagat’s advocate said,
Sheetal wants to bypass the mother and claim sole tenancy right. Even as Rajani lived there all her life. No one realized she (Sheetal) will turn dishonest and will try to dispossess her own mother. If they knew, they would have done something about this.” India Today
Sheetal Mafatlal (right) and her mother
- She works as a volunteer with the Promotion and Awareness branch of the Akshaya Patra Foundation since January 2016.
|↑1, ↑3||The Economics Times|
|↑4, ↑6||India Today|
|↑5||The Economic Times|